Re: SPFUNSUPPORTED MAY BE MALICIOUS Re: UTF-8 encoding of i18n files?

I am in support as well.
Kind regards, Willem

On Wed, 13 Mar 2024, Jason J.G. White wrote:

Samuel Thibault <samuel.thibault@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

i18n files are currently encoded in latin1 (aka iso-8859-1), which poses
problem for various languages whose characters cannot be encoded that
way.  We could duplicate the i18n entries, one in latin1 and one in
utf-8, but it will probably be much simpler to just switch the i18n
files to utf-8 and be done? Would anybody be against this?

I'm in support, especially if you can run iconv or a similar tool to
convert the existing translations without loss.