Re: slightly different dectalk question.

Speaking personally, it depends on your part of the world.

my new one came from a group here called back lab that in an effort to keep items out of the landfill insures surplus motherboards and the like get kept, for projects like my own.
But that is me.

On Tue, 31 Oct 2023, Butch Bussen wrote:

Where does one get a computer with isa slots?
On Tue, 31 Oct 2023, Jason J.G. White wrote:

 On 31/10/23 15:41, Karen Lewellen wrote:
>   Given dt.bat can be edited it seems,
>   any tool that will locate the dectalk internal card?

 I am not aware of any such tool. There may be a conflict with the
 addresses and interrupts used by other hardware in the machine, in hich
 case you'll have to change the settings on the DECtalk card.

 I've long since forgotten the details. The manual should be included with
 the software, though, and it should document the switches. If I remember
 rightly, eliminating these issues was among the reasons why there was a
 move in the 1990s to the PCI bus.

 I would suggest putting together a good plan for what you're going to do
 if you can't get this working, especially if you expect to rely on it. If
 it's just a hobby at this point to experiment with old technology, that's
 fine, but if you plan to use it for serious work than make sure you have
 alternative options in place.