Re: Is it at all possible? Speakup on an embedded linux system.

Hello,

I neglected to say that someone has created an image that they have included ham software packages and it appears easy to boot from that image on an SD card by holding a button while powering on. I am finding it difficult to reach out to the ham who created it. But I'll find the details I need and create an accessible image.

Thanks

> On 4 Dec 2022, at 15:09, Georgina Joyce <gena@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Hello All,
>
> I have a radio that is in 2 parts. A embedded linux system and a Software Defined Radio. The embedded linux is very slim but easy to access. I can log into it via a terminal emulator. It is using anArm processor. As I have several Raspberry Pi boards, I guess I could build a kernel or its modules on a Pi. Because I probably wouldn't be able to build a development environment on it. As it is rather buggy there are frequent updates which appears just to replace the root file system. So any settings are just written over. I think it would be rather easy to mount the update on a loopback and rebuild it when finished hacking.
>
> So how would I investigate any possibility of getting speakup working? Or am I just barking again!!!
>
> Thanks,
>

> Georgina
>

> Call: M0EBP
> DMR ID: 2346259