Is it at all possible? Speakup on an embedded linux system.

Hello All,

I have a radio that is in 2 parts. A embedded linux system and a Software Defined Radio. The embedded linux is very slim but easy to access. I can log into it via a terminal emulator. It is using anArm processor. As I have several Raspberry Pi boards, I guess I could build a kernel or its modules on a Pi. Because I probably wouldn't be able to build a development environment on it. As it is rather buggy there are frequent updates which appears just to replace the root file system. So any settings are just written over. I think it would be rather easy to mount the update on a loopback and rebuild it when finished hacking.

So how would I investigate any possibility of getting speakup working? Or am I just barking again!!!

Thanks,

Georgina

Call: M0EBP
DMR ID: 2346259