Re: How to ship the speakup drivers

Heya there Didier and all:
Hope this finds ya well when you do wake up over there.
Your instructions worked just fine indeed.
The module loads up nice and early in the boot process just like the days of old, with only one little hitch. When I logged in, my speakup settings for ltlk didn't take affect. I figured that this was because I chose "none" for the speak-with option.
So, I chose ltlk and said yes to the option to load at next boot.
On the next reboot, the speakup settings did go into affect and no error messages as I thought there might be do to speakup_ltlk already running. So once a user has their hard synth running then as root or su they should be able to save their speakup settings with the speak-with command so they won't have to put a command in their /etc/rc.d/rc.local file to save them the way I used to have to in days past.
So the test was a raging success!
Thanks muchee!
Take care... Cheereoe!