From: "K0LNY_Glenn" <glenn@ervin.email>
To: "Speakup is a screen review system for Linux."
<speakup@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, October 27, 2022 2:12 PM
Subject: Installing Voxin

Hi Group,
I'm back working on Debian Bullseye on my old Asus 701 netbook.
It is operating okay, and I wanted to get something installed to control my
NanoVNA network analiser for Ham radio work.
But first, I thought I would try again to get Voxin (IBM ViaVoice) working
on it.
I am just using Speakup with eSpeak at this time.
I contacted Oralux on this, a long time back, and was offered a suggestion
to try, but I get errors in trying the command they gave me, and I'm hoping
someone here might help me to understand the usage of their suggestion.
Here's what was suggested I try:

sudo --login $PWD/voxin-installer.sh
Normally I just do:
sudo bash voxin-installer.sh
But here's the error from that which prompted me to contact Oralux
initially:
Your version of speech-dispatcher has not been recognized.
If the installation continues, voxin will use its module for
speech-dispatcher                                                graphic 545
Do you really
want to continue?
If yes, press the ENTER key.

                                                Logs written in
log/voxin.log
Initialization; please wait...
Error: more details in
/home/lenny/Downloads/voxin-3.3rc5/voxin-enu-3.3rc5/log/voxin.log
graphic 545 For support, email
to contact at oralux.org
Here's the contents of the voxin.log file:

  GNU nano 5.4                                              voxin.log
graphic 192 /usr/bin/gettext

uninstallOldVoxin
installSystem
graphic 545