Re: Reading charts

Jude DaShiell, le sam. 15 oct. 2022 17:33:20 -0400, a ecrit:
> That's because no linux graph drawing program can draw in ascii or
> printable utf-8 characters for its line plots.

Yes, but it'd be complex for speakup to try to understand what's being
drawn, while drawing programs could as well just self-speak, that would
probably provide way better feedback. We had discussed a bit about it in
terms of teaching at the university. For instance the drawing program
could listen for mouse wheel events, and emit a sound that tells the
value. The user can use the mouse to move along the X axis, and listen
to the result (the Y axis). It seems to me it's be interesting to grap
the curve by listening to the result. That was just an idea thrown in
the air, but I guess there are possibilities there. Possibly there
have already been some research around such kind of ideas, I haven't
investigated.

Samuel