Re: "Accessibility in Fedora Workstation" (fwd)

Matt Campbell <mattcampbell@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I took this position in 2000, but for the last decade or more, access to a
> GUI has been widely available to blind people at no extra cost. (If there
> are blind people today who are truly stuck on old hardware with no
> accessible GUI, that's unfortunate, but I think this is one case where the
> best solution is charity, not expecting the rest of the world to accommodate
> this situation forever. That's no different than for sighted people stuck on
> very old hardware.)

I'm sorry, but this is a very irresponsible attitude, given the impact
of climate change.  And now on top of that, the world is coping with
supply chain issues.  "Chuck it in a landfill because it won't run the
latest Electron app" is deeply unacceptable.

I do agree with you about the importance of GUI accessibility, even
though I only use one when circumstances force me to it.  I'm somewhat
optimistic about the recent news.

-- Chris