Re: multiple gentoo speakup install failures

You might try a hardware synth instead and when you compile the kernel
you can fix it up the way you want.  Also, I like to use ssh to
install such a thing, I am pretty sure you can use some boot parameter
on your net install to do this.

On Fri, 15 Apr 2022 10:02:31 -0400,
Jude DaShiell wrote:

> Things run until they don't any longer.
> When they don't run any longer speakup dies.  The speakup cannot be
> revived when this happens.
> Also the system likely crashes since a poweroff command as root fails to
> turn the system off.
> Many times in order to start the computer I have to use the reset button
> in addition to the power button on an 8 core 14gb ram amd system.
> I tried restricting gentoo to one core with nosmp but that didn't help at
> all either.
> I tried with latest stage3 systemd file and latest gentoo-minimal disk.
> So far as I'm concerned, gentoo at this time is uninstallable on this
> system.
> When speakup dies happens at random points during system installation too.
> I got no idea what's going on and would like to know if I'm unique and
> need a new computer or if this happens to others installing gentoo with
> speakup.  I've tried gentoo and gentoo-nofb kernels too.
> The farthest I got in recent install attempts was the emerge-webrsync step
> which failed because of a bad /etc/portage/make.conf file.

How do
you spend it?

         John Covici wb2una
         covici@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx