Re: How Can I Switch Synthesizers on the Fly?

On Sun, Apr 03, 2022 at 05:51:44PM -0700, Chime Hart wrote:
> sudo echo soft >/sys/accessibility/speakup/synth
> I get a permission error.

I don't know how the echo in bash differs from the echo in tcsh if at
all. Did you modprobe the speakup_soft module?

>As far as speechd-up  if I run an apt install in
> Debian, it tries installing a 0.5 version from 2011, but errors out. Here is
> an output

You mentioned you had trouble installing speech-dispatcher. To work,
speechd-up requires an installed and configured speech-dispatcher. Do
you have speech-dispatcher installed and working with espeak-ng? If
you do, do you have a /var/log/speechd-up.log file? If yes, what does
it say?

Greg

--
web site: http://www.gregn.net