Re: espeakup not speaking screen review from speakup in Debian sid 20211215 while screen refreshing to quickly

Hello again good people,

I updated the kernel of a buster machine to what's found in backports, 5.10.0. That did not have any impact on reading while scrolling.

I thought maybe the screen was scrolling slower so I stuck a beep command on the same line, as it would follow as soon as the screen had all of the output printed. In both the case of sid and buster the number of lines were around 1600, and the time that it took for the beep to be heard from pressing enter was very very similar.

It really seems to me like something has changed in espeakup or espeak-ng.

I'll play with upgrading buster, and downgrading sid until I find something.

Best,
--FC