Re: Broken espeakup on debian sid

Hi all,

Maintainers, please keep in mind the spirit of the speakup project, system access from boot to shutdown.

Please ask of those who are advocating for audio services to be run by a non-system user how this improves functionality. Please let others know that this has a great impact on system accessibility.

If there is an argument for securing audio input, maybe an audio input group should be introduced? I do not think this is required, as I don't think it to be useful given the number of privilege escalation bugs that exist.

What are people hearing as the reason for wanting to run, what seem like audio daemons, as non-system users?

Thank you for your work.
--FC