Re: Broken espeakup on debian sid

Well, maybe here's a clue of something ...

Going to my System76 box, which is fully updated as of this morning,
including alsa-lib 1.2.5.1-3
espeakup 0.90-1
There is no /dev/softsynth* of any kind.

root@minuet 12:40:10 dev#ls -l soft*
ls: cannot access 'soft*': No such file or directory

Weirder still, there's no /sys/accessibility.

My older machine, also updated this morning, but with the newer alsa-lib
and espeakup held out of the upgrade, there is indeed a
/sys/accessibility/speakup, where there is indeed a soft directory owned
by janina:janina, as are all the files inside.

And this older box also has:

crw------- 1 root root 10, 122 Sep 18 12:08 softsynth
crw------- 1 root root 10, 121 Sep 18 12:08 softsynthu

But this is the working box, so I don't want to mess with upgrading
alsa-lib here. One broken machine is all I can handle for the moment.

Does that tell us anything useful? It's beyond my paygrade! <grin>

Janina

--

Janina Sajka
https://linkedin.com/in/jsajka