Re: Speakup on Arch Linux

26.07.2021 13:36, Alexander Epaneshnikov пишет:
25.07.2021 22:59, Joseph C. Lininger пишет:
Thanks Janina. My experience has been similar to yours. The difference is that I can get speech with later versions, it's just that it drags a bit when echoing keys and it hiccups sometimes at the when it finishes talking. I had to restore my system from a BTRFS snapshot after upgrading (the pacman solution didn't work because I didn't have old enough versions) , but I've done similar to you for the moment and excluded alsa-lib, alsa-utils, alsa-tools, espeak, and espeakup. Hopefully they fix this so that we don't eventually have a situation where we can't, for example, upgrade the kernel because of an incompatible change to alsa.

hello Joseph. I think your problem would be fixed by new pcaudiolib release[1]
you can unignore all packages except espeakup.
I will try to prepare a new version of pcaudiolib as soon as possible,
would you agree to test it?

Joe

[1]: https://github.com/espeak-ng/pcaudiolib/issues/7

hello Joseph. pcaudiolib has been updated in arch repository.
can you retest all latest updates?

--
Sincerely, Alexander.