Re: Speakup on Arch Linux

Thanks Janina. My experience has been similar to yours. The difference is that I can get speech with later versions, it's just that it drags a bit when echoing keys and it hiccups sometimes at the when it finishes talking. I had to restore my system from a BTRFS snapshot after upgrading (the pacman solution didn't work because I didn't have old enough versions) , but I've done similar to you for the moment and excluded alsa-lib, alsa-utils, alsa-tools, espeak, and espeakup. Hopefully they fix this so that we don't eventually have a situation where we can't, for example, upgrade the kernel because of an incompatible change to alsa.
Joe