Re: 256 Colors

Thanks for the help Samuel. Alas, I'll have to give up on my dream of 256 colors for now.

On Fri, 11 Jun 2021, Samuel Thibault wrote:

Trevor Astrope wrote:
Ok, so even using screen configured with --enable-256-colors on the console
and setting terminfo and termcap to "xterm Co=256" won't work from the
console?

Yes, the colors are at best just rounded, at worse just completely
mangled.

There's so many references when searching to enabling 256 colors in
various apps and when using screen. All of these are presuming one is
using an xterm?

Yes. Almost nobody uses the Linux console.

I even found a reference to using 256 colors with vt100.

Good old real VT100 surely didn't support 256 colors :)

Samuel