Re: Speakup and Linux Smart Watches

Well Mike, obviously our experiences-and-enjoyments with computers are based on, yes, whats available, but also what we are used to, as well as our level of tollerance for sound. My first PC in 1994, I certainly made sure it was DEC Talk. At that time folks considered that the Catalack of speech. Well, since I began my switch to Linux in 2003, I now use a DecTalk U S B, while on a laptop, Voxin with its IBM TTS, both are quite comfortable for myself. Sure but for the segment splices, there are somewhat more natural sounding SAPI4 speech engines in windows, also Ivona-and-ReadSpeaker, however, I don't know of any easy easy way of working with these in Linux. Honestly, if I were forced to only have espeak as an engine, I would almost rather not have a PC, but I understand we all have the freedom to make choices. Thanks for listening
Chime