More About Cut-and-Paste

OK, first, back on Saturday I tried sending a 326kb zip file of /var/log/messages and kern.log to this list, but it was awaiting an owner approval because of its size. I also sent the file to Samuel-and-would be happy to send to any 1 else who would want to examin it. This issue involes my laptop running Voxin, where if I paste nothing gets pasted-and-it hangs a console with errors. Now, running same kernel but on a desktop machine, I pasted with no trouble, but on that machine I am strugling with a 4second delay after typing with a DecTalk, so for convenience until an idea comes along to fix that, I will be on a laptop. Thanks so much in advance
Chime