Re: DecTalk Settings from Within Speakup?

Thanks Sam, I tried your exact echo suggestion but even with sudo I get a permission denied. I tried
sudo echo 250 > /sys/accessibility/speakup/dectlk/pitch=113
In addition, since you seemingly have a DecTalk, I need to explain, its more of a sing/Song delivery as words are spoken. I think I could manually change pitch to 480, but as long as that enflection is set the way we explained, then I am happy with 113, but would also like the rate to `stay at 229 and volume to remain at 86 whether I reboot or are arrowing through lines of text. But for an unknown reason these values drop suddenly until I go to the insert pannel. Unfortunately no1 has figured out a way to track or log what Speakup or this U S B DecTalk are receiving when these drops occur. I hope short of my talking with you live, that I am explaining these challenges. Thanks so much in advance
Chime