Re: DecTalk Settings from Within Speakup?

Thanks Greg. Running sudo speakupconf save didn't ruin my settings, however, once I ran it with load, the pitch still went to 122 and my inflection setting was knocked out. By the way that is a command sent to the dectalk, has little or nothing to do with Speakup. So that command
echo "[:dv pr 250]" >> /sys/accessibility/speakup/synth_direct
sets a parameter in the DecTalk which provides more inflection. Sure I know I can increase the pitch all the way to 350 in Speakup. And lastly, we modified the charactors file, so when I type the number 9 it would say niner. And other similar changes, but running that load command knocks that out-and-resets to the defalts. By running my "rd" alias, it coppies the charactors file back in to use. Thanks for your guidance.
Chime