Re: [raspberry-vi] A bit off topic, Speakup and Debian Stretch-Buster (fwd)

Jumping in for a quick question for Samuel? I always wondered why in each of your messages you quote some1, which seems a waste of time if we already heard an orriginal comment or question. Maybe as a suggestion, just a short 1liner paraphrasing where we are in a thread. Even though I have quoting in pine as lo as it goes, I still hear many of the headers, including something which sounds like aeigh crit. At least years ago, back on ComPuserve, there was seemingly no quoting. At least for some1 listening in a screen-reader, quoting is not such a good thing. Thanks in advance.
Chime