Re: speakup and garbled text

last i tried using speakup with out smp it worked properly However i've not tried this since i switched to fenrir a little less then a year ago.

On 3/16/19 3:51 AM, Chris Brannon wrote:
Samuel Thibault <samuel.thibault@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

Again, neither nor I are speakup users and don't know how "garbled" the
text is, so we need precise descriptions.
Speakup can be used to review text on the screen with the keyboard
shortcuts, or it can auto-read whatever text is produced by the
application.  This garbled text bug just affects auto-read.  You can see
it by starting up Speakup and listening as text is auto-read by the
synth.  Maybe try cat-ing a large file or the like.  I believe the
garbling to be caused by missing characters.

At least at one time, disabling SMP would make it go away completely.  I
haven't tried that in years because I need my cores.  I think it's a
concurrency bug.

-- Chris