Re: Best text-based speakup linux install

If you manage talkingarch correctly it is stable and will fit on a system like that. A person would have to be pretty far into linux to easily get talkingarch installed though. Definitely not for people with a fear of using command line applications. Slackware is no longer accessible but when it was accessible would have been easier to install. I would stay well and truely away from gentoo since it's longer and more complex to install than talkingarch and according to one of this list's members has to be reinstalled to fix breakages that happen to it with use and time. The F123e distribution is supposed to install automatically with a working (ethernet) internet connection I have a copy of it here and one of these days will attach to ethernet and try it out. Another easier talkingarch install may be antergos. Puppylinux might be another one to check out though I don't know if that's still accessible.

When I got that one up, it was like knoppix with a menu interface. On Fri, 3 Feb 2017, Joseph Norton wrote:

Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2017 22:31:30
From: Joseph Norton <joseph.norton@xxxxxxxxx>
To: speakup@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Best text-based speakup linux install

Hi listers:

I had a gentleman write me off-list and he told me he has a 512-Mb system
he'd like to install some kind of text-based distro on.

I think he could still even install Debian without the X system, but, I'm
not sure which release to point him to.

Also, I bet Arch would be another good possibility.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!