Re: USB synths

I wrote a udev rule to create a symlink to the device assigned to my tripletalk USB. But echoing a string doesn't make the synth speak the string like it does with the serial port. It generates a write error message. It's strange because the device file the kernel creates is a writable character special file.

The udev system isn't going to recognize a Tripletalk speech synth. It must be loading some generic device driver and even though the file has read/write permissions, you can't actually write to it.