Re: Speect packages don't work

Hi,
One can compile from source and then also the hts engine wich is mensioned in the readme.
I think if there are packages, they are likely outdated.
I cannot remember if there are sample voices on the site, if not, contact me when you have built it. There are both python and C apis, so eventually writing something like espeakup, but for speect, should be relatively easy. one can add -dwith_tests or something to the cmake command and will then get a binary synth_test that can generate a .wav file. Putting that in a pipe using play from sox can be used as a basic test binary and could be used with speech-dispatcher's generic module. Note with speect as it is, you might have to do your own text normalization.
Kind regards, Willem