Re: Code style fixes for speakup kernel driver

Hi,

Yes, this is the correct list for Speakup development. Someone can correct me on this, but I don't think any major changes have been done to Speakup in years. One thing which would be really helpful is if you could please find a way to get serial synthesizers to work in kernels after 2.6.32 without locking up the machine. On both 3.19 and 4.0, loading the speakup_dectlk module locks up the system every time. Apparently there are ways to fix this, but they also involve patches and it would be better if the patches were not necessary. I am not a programmer, but I don't think this would be too hard to fix. Others can post on the specific code changes or you can search the Speakup list archives. Your help with this would be very appreciated.