Re: Talking Arch Linux Installer

At one point, I actually had a basic Gentoo system which was designed so that you could run the CD, then partition drives and use rsync to copy the content of the CD over to the hd and have a brand new system there. Speakup was built-in to that, and I tested it and it worked perfectly. I used to use it for fast deployments of new Linux machines; about 15 minutes to deploy a new system. Just boot the CD, partition/create lvm groups if you wanted, create file systems, mount, copy rootfs contents, chroot in and delete two CD-specific packages, install boot loader to MBR, then reboot and you're done. I had a catastrophic crash a couple years ago, which coupled with a user error (mine) destroyed the build environment for that and it's backup. Since I was the only one using it, I never bothered to recreate it. If I thought there was a market for such a thing, I'd probably recreate it and distribute it. Gentoo declined so much in popularity though that I didn't figure anyone in the Linux community was likely to be interested.
Joe