Re: getting speakup running on kali linux

Actually, no.  All you have to do is to use the leafpad and add the line

speakup_soft

to the end of /etc/modules.  I have one running over here and it works perfectly.  They still use gnome 3.4 which will soon be 6 releases out of date.  If they kept up their version of gnome and orca, that would be a good primary system.

Hope this helps.

--
Doug Smith: Special Agent
S.W.A.T  Spiritual Warfare and Advanced Technology