OT, Pianobar Oddity

It doesn't look like Pianobar has any kind of forum or irc venue, so I decided to ask here.

Pianobar is a client for the Pandora radio service. When I run it, I get high pitched audio. It sounds like a 33 and a third RPM record played at about 38 rpm.. My guess is that it's some kind of resampling problem. It uses libav, a branch of ffmpeg, (as I understand it anyway), for audio decoding. Is there a config file somewhere that I can edit to have it using the correct sampling rate so I don't hear this high pitched audio? I appreciate the help.