Re: I think SPAM Re: OT: Defending the Blind

I would wonder what is wrong with the already existing channels. the United nations Trudie for the rights of people with disabilities...which carries the rule of law, and packs greater punch then say the ADa.
Second, Bookshare is internationalalready now.
While I certainly respect that such issues differ around the world, I firmly believe that writing about and advocating for those experiencing sight loss as if they are uniformly the same person simply leads to greater discrimination. It is one of the *many* things that is disturbing about the NFB, their forced state of blindness at their training centers, instead of supporting the very existence of diversity among the more than 400 million people on the planet experiencing blindness is not something i would want fortified internationally to be sure.
Kare