Re: a real speakup problem

There are a couple ways to solve the no synth hangs speakup issue. Use
the printscreen key to kill speakup before turning off/unplugging the
synth. If a system is going to be booted in a situation where a serial
synth will not always be attached, then it's probably a bad idea to
start speakup with that synth. If speakup can't contact a synth, it
should give up trying after a bit from what I recall. The alternative
solution is to boot with none/soft as the default synth, or to not
load speakup at boot. This will make trouble shooting boot issues
harder though.

Greg

--
web site: http://www.gregn.net