hardware speech (was: Accessible Live CD's?)

I wrote up some docs on getting the debian wheezy kernel patched to work
with hardware synths.  There are pre-patched kernels there too. I
personally use  these pre-patched kernels on literally hundreds of
machines I maintain  in my job. But I have yet to hear of anyone else
using them successfully. On the other hand, I only posted them a couple
of weeks ago. Anyway, here is a link to the docs:

http://www.iavit.org/~john/debian/
week.