Red Hat Enterprise 6.2

Well, I don't want to start an ACB vs. NFB argument, but I would really
encourage you to talk to the ACB.  As I said, they've been a lot more
willing to take Linux seriously and have taken on several large corporations
over the years.  I am not a member of either at the moment, but I don't
think I've heard of the ACB requiring someone to put up their own money
before getting official backing.  I don't know what state you're in, but the
ACB state affiliate might also be able to help.  Some states are stronger
than others, but unlike the NFB, each state affiliate is its own
organization which happens to be an ACB affiliate, not part of the umbrella
organization like NFB affiliates are.  Yes, I was aware of NFB happenings
for many years, so I'm not making things up off the top of my head.  Even if
the ACB isn't interested, at least it's another avenue which has been
explored and eliminated, but I personally think that they would be willing
to help, especially if a lot of people here complained.  As I said, I
personally don't use RH products, but I wouldn't mind testing Fedora or RHEL
for accessibility if RH is willing to listen without being sued.  I'm
currently doing a similar kind of testing regarding another company who has
been willing to make their site accessible.  So far, a lot of progress has
been made without the company being sued.

Another argument to be made to both organizations is that Linux itself is a
large step towards equality for the blind.  In other words, we can use the
exact same kernel, console, and command line software as the sighted as long
as Speakup is included, either compiled into the kernel or as modules.  It
so happens that 2.6.37 and newer ship Speakup, so we can use an identical
kernel as the sighted, even if the distro itself isn't 100% accessible, like
Ubuntu.  In earlier kernels, the Speakup source can still be compiled as
modules, such as 2.6.32 in Debian Squeeze and others.  With some distros
such as Debian, it's possible for a blind person to do an 100% independant
install from the time the CD boots to shutting down.  There is no reason why
Fedora at least can't provide an accessible installation as well.  In other
words, unlike Windows, we don't need to buy screen readers, pay for upgrades
and get sighted help to do a new install.  Those are powerful arguments when
it comes to potential employability for blind system administrators.
Personally, I think the most powerful thing about Speakup and Linux in
general isn't that it talks, reads the screen, or even that I can run most
console programs.  To me, the most powerful thing is that I can run the
exact same versions of Apache, Postfix, MySQL, php, etc as anyone else
managing a Linux server.  Alas, not from the RHEL console though, only from
ssh after someone else has done the install.