speakup, audio solutions

Pulse may be some people's idea of the wave of the future, but Speakup
users aren't the only ones who find pulse very problematic. Also in this
category are:

*	People who do professional level work with audio composition.
*	These folks use jack, not pulseaudio. Jack was rejected for use
*	as a mainstream approach because it wasn't sufficiently
*	lightweight. I'll leave for others to judge whether pulse is
*	actually lightweight

	I've had conversations with Planet CCRMA people, for instance,
	so that I can categorically report that pulse is removed from
	all their computers at Stanford University. It only gets in the
	way.

	http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/software/

*	People running games, where latency really matters. Of course,
*	latency also matters to us.

This second point may be an architectural failure on the part of pulse.
Well, what can I say? They never asked our requirements before they
designed and implemented pulse, so how can it be assumed that our
requirements are met? It's the old: "Nothing about us without us" that
got violated again.

Janina