speakup in staging and Beep control

I compiled kernel 3.1.5. Could someone explain how to get the latest speakup
into staging? Do I assume the latest speakup will be in the latest kernel
source?
Also I have lost my Beep control with amixer in this kernel, all
configurations are correct as far as I know and Beep worked in an earlier
kernel.