espeakup vs speechd-up and speech dispatcher

Does anyone have any experience with using espeakup vs using the
combination of speechd-up and speech dispatcher?  I am wondering which is
better if I plan to use espeak as my synth.  Which is more stable and
which takes up less computing resources.

Thanks,

Pia