No speech in Arch, sound card questions.

Dear:

After setting up Arch Linux using the Talking-Arch on VirtualBox, I went
to install it on my real machine, but the CD does not start talking.

My sound card is an Intel 82801HB ICH8 - High Definition Audio
Controller [B-0]. Searching for it, I was unable to find my specific
model, only similar models such as ICH 9. The page about hda_intel at
the ALSA's web site does not list all of the supported models as well,
nor the command I must issue to get it working.

After booting into the Talking-Arch, I tried modprobe snd_hda_intel,
modprobe speakup, modprobe speakup_soft, etc., and also restarted alsa
and espeakup daemons without result.

I have a GRML and some Ubuntu CDs that start talking normally. Is there
any command I could issue while running one of those CDs to discover
what to do for Arch?

Can you help me in any way please?

Thanks
Cleverson