clipboard integration -- possible security implications

Ah, but it wouldn't be if my idea about requiring group membership is
implemented.  Just make sure that all users who are allowed to access
the Speakup clipboard text are in a special group, like the "speakup"
group.  Granted that it's an extra step initially but it only takes a
command and a few seconds to add a user to a group.