Fetching from gmail

On Mon, Nov 09, 2009 at 10:51:17PM -0700, Steve Holmes wrote:
> The important thing to realize with gmail and IMAP is when deleting
> unwanted messages, you need to copy them to '=Trash' (exclude the
> quotes and realize that is capital T on Trash).

	I prefer POP3 with mutt.  If you take longer than 10 minutes to
compose a reply using IMAP, mut crashes when Google drops your
connection.  You can set your g-mail settings on the website to drop
everything you've downloaded with POP3 to the trash.  I understand
Google dumps the trash on a monthly basis, but I never let it stay full
for long enough to find out.

	I don't really bother saving mail any more and just jot down the
occasional note from something here, like URLs.  I just hate the way
Google has IMAP set up, like you said, and dropping everything into
All-Mail.  Unfortunately, my cheap ISP elected to switch it's mail
service over to G-Mail, and wrecked my ability to run a mail server like
sendmail with multiple accounts.  I can receive just fine, but cannot
send.  If I ever get out of the sticks and regain access to other ISPs,
I will ditch Clearwire like yesterday's garbage.  I miss having Usenet
access.

				Michael