Which hardware synthesizer to buy?

This is an old thread, sorry. I'm just now catching up on some lists ...

I have both Doubletalk and Tripletalk synths here. Both used to work as
serial synths with Speakup, but that is no longer the case. I don't
recall when my Tripletalk stopped working, but it no longer does. I can
echo strings to it just fine, but it doesn't respond to Speakup. Swap in
the Doubletalk and everything works as expected.

So, definitely get the Doubletalk.

Janina