sound in debian

Hi,

Well, since no one else bothered to answer, I'll try.  I can't help
specifically with Debian testing, but I suspect the sound card is the
problem.  I also got no sound on Lenny when I put in that card.  What
you have to do is go into amixer and make sure analog output is on.  By
default, it uses digital output only which gives no sound.  You should
only have to do that once because it should save your mixer settings
automatically.  I can't give the exact command because I couldn't figure
it out.  I went back to the older Audigy instead.  You'll just have to
look at the controls and try things until it works.

To the people complaining about this message being off topic, I have a
question.  How is he supposed to use software speech, either in Orca or
Speakup if he has no sound?