Accessibility of netbooks

Hi All

I'm considering purchasing a netbook.  The 2 main ones which run linux
seem to be  the Asus Eee Pc and the Acer Aspire One.  I was wondering if
anyone on list has any experience of these.  They both run custom linux
distros, so I would like to know how possible it is to get accessibility
related software to run on them, i.e. speakup, brltty, emacspeak and
orca.  Obviously I could install a different distro but this could lead
to more problems regarding drivers for the hardware, etc.

I hope people don't mind me asking about all the accessibility related
software on this list, it seems to be the most general purpose of the
lists for the various programs and I wanted to avoid cross-posting to
all of them.  The obvious questions seem to be

Many thanks

Alastair Irving