Integrating Speakup/ESpeakup into Debian boot process

Hi,

On Wed, Apr 08, 2009 at 11:32:47PM +1000, Daniel Dalton wrote:

> Nothing, it is working perfectly for me atm!!!
>
> Keep the great work up Samuel, you are doing a wonderful job with debian
> accessibility
>
> Daniel.

I agree with Daniel and Samuel. In fact Debian accessibility has been
doing a great job in the presence of a moving target. Perhaps Debian
isn't to everyone's taste, but it is being strongly influenced by a
talented and committed accessibility team. Compare for instance the
accessibility of Fedora, which is carried on the shoulders of only a
small number of hard working people working outside the ranks of Fedora
developers.

The modularization of speakup happened primarily due to the efforts of
the Debian accessibility team, and that achievement is rapidly
spreading to other distributions as well. I presently use archlinux on
my work station, with a talking installer provided by Chris Brannon,
using speakup / espeakup / espeak, a facility not possible without the
modularization of speakup.

Keep up the good work, Samuel, it is much appreciated.

Chuck

--
The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (99% of Full)
                  My web site: www.hallenbeck.ftml.net