Integrating Speakup/ESpeakup into Debian boot process

Daniel:

I just have espeakup installed by Debian and then in /etc/modules I have

speakup_soft start=1

and it seems to be working.

Is debian automatically starting espeakup or should I also have put it
somewhere in the boot process as you seemed to indicate in your post?

--
Cheryl