mini-beep.iso seems obsoleted already

That's exactly right. After finding a server that still had modules
matching the 2.6.25 kernel and getting started that way, I switched
back to another server I prefer to use, and found about 80 MB of
updates not available from the one I started with. Some mirrors are
better than others, and it's a poor mirror one needs to get started
with the mini-beep.iso.

Chuck