Speakup Spelling Words in GRML?

Hi All:  Satureay evening with lots of help, I now have Speakup-and-TT Synth
installed on a laptop in GRML.  However, when reading, mostly words are spelled
rather than pronounced.  Sure did not do this on my home desktop machine.  By
chance, can some1 please tell us how to fix this?  Thanks so much in advance
Hart