Slackware and IBM TTS

Hi,
	I've just managed to get Speech-dispatcher, Speechd-up, and Udev
working together in order to use Espeak with Speakup.  It was
surprisingly easy.
I bought TTSynth and Voxen a while ago, but they're in .deb and .rpm
respectively.
While I've nothing against Espeak, I was wondering if there was a way to
get the Viavoice working on my system.
I know there's a compatability library I need, but I don't think that's
a problem with Slackware: I'm pretty sure I have it.
Has any Slackware user managed to get either of the packagings of
Viavoice working?  If so, how?
Any advice appreciated.
Thanks,
Zack.