Installing speakup on Ubuntu 7.10

The web pages have not been updated to reflect the latest changes to
speakup.  I thought we had someone that was going to take on updating
the pages but haven't heard anything from him recently.

As for instructions they are in the repository which can be accessed
with git clone http://linux-speakup.org/speakup.git.  I wouldn't say
it is really ready for prime-time yet though.  There are still issues
we are working out which can also be read about in the various files
in the repository.

/proc/config.gz is not a replacement for make oldconfig just a
starting place.  If you don't understand this already then compiling
your own kernel with external patches maybe beyond your capabilities
currently.  There are lots of documents in the linux kernel tree so
there's plenty of reading to keep folks busy wanting to do it
themselves.

   Kirk
phone: (519) 661-3061