adding silence to audio files, notx Debian Questions

Chuck Hallenbeck wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 07, 2008 at 09:50:18AM -0400, Chuck Hallenbeck wrote:
>
>> Hi Sergei,
>>
>> I have a wave editor called wedit that could do it, but unfortunately
>> it cannot do it from the command line. You would have to use it
>> interactively and modify each of the files one at a time.

Btw, I recently started using wedit on a regular basis and like it a
lot. Thank you very much for such a helpful program. Unfortunately, my
sound experience is very limited, so I could not figure out how to
create a  wav file of silence neither with sox nor with wedit. So, if
you can bare with my stupidity, a simple example of how to do that with
both tools would be highly apreciated.

Thanks again,

Sergei.