Speech-Dispatcher vi CVS?

Hi,
want to test the very latest SD, because I observe crashes of SD sometimes.
Since I couldn't manage to install the deb-Packages (see my yesterday's
mail), i decided to install it via CVS. I installed cvs and checked the
manual, but I cannot figure out how to download a certain program; the
manual answers questions I never asked.
So can someone please point me to the right direction?
Hermann